To All Full-time Members:
- PAQs* Due to Supervisors 1-6-17
- Very Important Step
- Who better than you knows what you do?
- Best to Provide Your Own Input, Or Others May Define Your Position
- To begin reviewing key materials, click on the below:
- Review all relevant job specifications and circle all essential functions and duties in the job specifications.
- Each day, take notes and be thinking about what your daily job functions are.
- List ALL of this information in your final PAQ form and also attach any relevant job specs (with circled items) to your final PAQs.
- You may request to be interviewed individually or have a desk or field audit of your job on your final PAQ.
- You may complete PAQs either electronically or by hand.
- As with anything this important, KEEP A COPY of your final form.
Team collaboration per job position will help make sure all essential functions are identified and listed in PAQs even if you still opt to submit individually.
- submit PAQs, either as a group (if all agree and sign off on one), or
- submit PAQs individually.
Job interviews may also be done:
- collectively, or
Even if you collaborate in gathering information and filling out forms, you can still sign and modify your own version of the PAQ where your duties may vary. Forms may be jointly completed or individually completed.
- Thoroughly filling out the PAQs for each position is critical to an accurate outcome of the class compensation study.
- The City has made clear that this is a priority and that work time can be used for this task.
- If you have any challenges, please contact any of your Chapter Board representatives for assistance. (Mike, Monica, Nancy & Lori have been representing you from the Joint Labor Management Team, but you may contact any Board Member for assistance).
- The City’s Intranet Site** is also available when on a City Computer for additional information, updates, and personnel contacts:
*Position Analysis Questionnaires (PAQs)