For Employees Currently Enrolled in the City’s Flexible Spending Account (FSA), three key submittal date and other key dates are fast approaching:
- Any submittals for reimbursement to Connexis (the FSA provider the City is transitioning from) must be done by March 15, 2017.
- New enrollments for the following are due by March 17, 2017.
- Non-Employer Sponsored Premiums (NESP)
- Transit Reimbursement Account*
- Parking Reimbursement Account*
- Reimbursement requests made after March 15, 2017 should be made beginning April 1, 2017 to the new Provider TASC.
*These each have a cap of $255/month while the NESP has no limit.
The transitioning will occur from Connexis to TASC during a “dark period” from March 16-April 1, 2017. Beginning April 1, 2017, there will be an app you may add to your smart phone allowing you to take pictures of receipts and submit directly.
If you are currently enrolled in FSA, you will receive a welcome email affiliated with “MYTASC” and a new card in the mail.
These new enrollment options provide additional pre-tax savings for you to save you money if they apply to you. Note that NESP applies to you or anyone who you can claim on your tax forms as a spouse or dependent and as long as it is not paid for by an employer (yours or your spouses) already. See the below for additional information from Benefits:
- Transit & Parking Reimbursement Accounts
- FX-4515-080115 FlexSystem NESP EE Marketing
- TASC Mobile
- TASC Card
- FSA Eligible Expenses
- final_TASC Transition Global
For additional information, please see the below references, contact Benefits at 714-647-5474, or Angela Maynard at Amaynard@santa-ana.org.